Thursday, January 19, 2006

Winter Break

So, winter break was a much needed month of relaxation with NOTHING urgent to do. I spent a week in Portchester, NY with family celebrating my uncle's 50th birthday, and then a day in NYC for some shopping and sight-seeing. At home, I got to visit with friends, and play lots of "Apples to Apples" :-) ~ I tried hookah for the first time (not such a pleasant experience, in my opinion). New Year's Eve got, as some may say, "a little out of hand" and I ended up spending New Year's Day in bed. Then, I spent a week in "sunny," and somewhat cold (60's) Florida to celebrate my Granddad's 80th birthday. We had a big surprise party for him (a risk at his age, I know) and caught him completely off guard with it. Then, I went shopping for a new puppy for my Grandma, whose maltese of 14 years had recently passed away. We ended up with a 1 1/2 pound maltese puppy, which was later named "Pixie" after much deliberation and consideration of the name "Shitte". When I got back home, I convinced Catherine to make a rather spur of the moment drive up into the mountains to JMU to visit Stephanie and Tiffany. Stephanie had already left for the weekend, but Tiffany was glad to take our offer to bring her home. The three of us stopped to compare the local "Kline's" ice cream to Cold Stone Creamery's ice cream - dinner of champions! Back in Clifton, there was a wind storm with a dousing of snow, which managed to knock off the power at our house for 27 hours, which meant no heat, no water, and no lights - always an adventure! Tuesday morning, Mom and I drove back to Williamsburg to prepare for Wednesday morning classes. So, here I am, back at school; back to work; back to the "real" world; back to electricity, hot water and lighting (although somewhat poor, at that) and it's WONDERFUL! 'Til next time!
~Jen

No comments: