
This morning, as I checked into the office, and did my daily look-through of bookmarked webpages, I read some news that made my heart sink in my chest. A favorite of mine, The Secret Diary of Steve Jobs, a blog written by FSJ (Fake Steve Jobs) from the perspective of Apple Computer's co-founder & CEO, provides [speculative] journal entries on the daily doings of Jobs, in a humorous way. The news this morning read, "FSJ's true identity revealed!"
I feel as though my 5-year-old self has just found out that Santa Claus does not exist. That sense of wonder and mystery that had kept my fascination has been destroyed by one man: Brad Stone, of the New York Times, who publicly announced that "FSJ" = Forbes Magazine editor, Daniel Lyons. This is like "looking under the Christmas tree before Mom & Dad came downstairs to scope out what Santa brought during the night," is over. I've grown into (what was my) 6-year-old adolescence, after big brother, Stephen, spilled the beans to me that, in fact, Santa was Mom. Now, I can sleep in on Christmas morning, without that childlike wonder, knowing that whatever is under the tree has, sadly, not been made with love by elves in Santa's workshop, but rather bought, with love, by Mom at Toys 'R Us the week before.
Although FSJ's (or should I say, "Daniel Lyon's") work will continue to be published, albeit in Forbes Magazine, the mystery is gone, the fairytale has been exposed as a lie. Today is a sad day for FSJ-lovers worldwide...
Namaste.
Namaste.
Read FSJ's response to Brad Stone (a.k.a. "Big Jerk") and comments from other fans here.
No comments:
Post a Comment