
One night, not long ago, Debbie and I decided to drive into D.C. to take a walk along the Potomac River. The walk ended at the Jefferson Memorial, on whose steps we sat and talked for hours. Looking out over the water, at the city and the Washington Monument, everything seems a little clearer. No bullshit. Just straight honesty.
At night, the city looks so clean, so full of life. The water reflects clarity, truth, understanding. I've always loved the water. There's something so mysterious and beautiful about it. The way it's always changing, the slight ripples, the big waves, the glass-like stillness, the life it holds have captured me since I was a little girl. It's amazing to think that something so simple can bring me such peace; can have such a total calming effect on me.
In water there is safety, there is life, there is danger, there is death, there is weightlessness, there is deliciousness, there is fear, there is comfort, there is disease, there is a cure.
No comments:
Post a Comment